Original topic:

Recent Update Yet Nothing Changed

(Topic created on: 04-25-2018 11:17 AM)
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
About 2 day's ago after turning my phone on as it was off for the night, a notification came up saying that an update was available. I delayed it long enough to check on the #'s of my current status.
After the update was installed nothing had changed. Was no move from 7N to 8 Oreo. Was no charge to Security system. So am wondering what I have missed with this latest update...?
My a5 is all stock. Had full WiFi signal. Strong & stable cellular level. Used the Notification bar to start the download after. Short of a Factory Reset have taken every possible troubleshooting technique available to verify that I had it. Reset. Full power off. Checked software update. Antivirus & anti malware scan's BEFORE & AFTER (automatic setting) as well as upon restarting phone.
0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy A
how big was the update?
It could of been just a security update..
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
I am thinking that's what it is...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Also go in Settings>About>Software info and do a screenshot of the Baseband version please. That way we'll know for sure what was the update about
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
This is a screenshot after the "update"
Baseband is 1 I never thought to check out prior...Size wise am unsure about now. Thought it might be the Oreo upgrade finally coming to be honest given date of arrival as in past had Security updates by the 1st week of the month usually51bc82ec-afc8-4abc-a8a3-c5938dfc4842.jpg
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Unfortunately this is only a security patch. The update won't be released here before the S7 apparently. So that's a late May-Early June ETA for your Oreo

Do check if the Camera has been updated with new features
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Thanks.
Thought was strange so late in the month for an update to be coming so had me wondering.
The camera is definitely not something I would think of getting an upgrade period...
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
you'll be able to tell what type of update it is by the size. if it's under 400MB, it's a security patch (monthly rollup). if it's around 1.5GB, that would be the Oreo update.