Original topic:

Samsun g exploding pphone

(Topic created on: 09-24-2019 11:46 AM)
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

Pleas e  read d thiss below.  Important.  Some eone  will  be typing   for me as  my shakingg   is very  bad.  Explained   beloww 

Didn't want to have to do this but its imperative. On july 23rd, my Samsung Galaxy a70 got too hot to touch as said by my daughter Annabelle, who was holding it. I then looked over the phone to inspect why it's so hot as sparks began to fly out of the back. I threw it on the floor in panic and it caught fire. I went to go put out the fire with my foot and it blew up under my foot while wearing a sandal. It caused severe soft tissue damage, nerve damage and bruising on the bone. It put me out of work and has caused severe health issues and sleep deprivation. Samsung claimed it was their responsibility and will help me to get medical attention and further compensation.
For the last two months I have been in pain and my health has declined even further. My foot has been shocking me over and over again as it is now causing nerve damage in my back. I have been on a crutch and barely getting around. I have a curve in my back that goes to the right so my right foot carries the weight but because this foot is damaged, it has damaged my posture and has increased my back pain immensely. Samsung continued to agree to help but no medical attention or any settlement has been offered. Just last week they finally sent me over to their claims adjuster for further handling. Before I was able to give them any documents, they denied me without any reason. The adjuster did not speak with me over the phone to explain, just emailed me with a big CASE CLOSED statement and said they dont take liability.
I explained my serious situation to the supervisors as they have now handed back to Samsung for further handling. This is a joke and this is the way Samsung handles their consumers. They have lied to me giving me false hope that this would be resolved as it is not. I am still waiting for medical attention and a settlement. The doctor says this will be life sustaining as I'm now going on disability. Please get this out there and allow people to know. I am still in pain and samsung still has yet to do anything about it after all the false promises.  Now they have told me that I tampered  with my phone and it's all my fault. Why would I put myself in danger and my kids in danger by tampering with it. I am a phone tech myself and i understand these batteries and i have lots of respect for them. I wouldn't tamper putting myself and my kids at risk, for what, to be denied by Samsung? Im not getting anything out of it. This is an insult. Anyway thank you very much guys.

Ps I'm having help typing this as my shaking is so bad that I cant type. If I got medical attention then I can improve but the nerve damage is now there for life. Please get this out and help me get what I deserve from Samsung. If this is the way they treat someone who's injured over their phone, hate to see how they treat others like this. Anyway thank you for your time.

Thiss wa s typed  by a fr iend d of mine as I  cant because  I'm shakingg so  much.  Please help  samsung custom ers. Get  this story o ut. I have  pictures re to  prove  my damage 

17 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Just when I thought they couldn't get worse...

As someone with permanent disabilities too (though different), I understand your situation and I am shocked at their reaction. I hope your story gains traction and attention so that they may finally help you.
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

an d     wh at mak es i tworst is that they  claim i't s my issue by  sta ting th at I tampered with it.  W hy wo uld I do that to m ys elf an d put myse lf throu gh this o nly to be denied??  c monm/  Sor ry fo r the b ad typos, I was  ok be fore this. The phone  expl oded on my foot and it c aused se vere ner ve damag e and sha kingg w hcih the doc tor has st ated life ef fecting. I hav e Scoliosis whc ich is a cur ve in th e spine and the **bleep** rve goes t to the right of my  body so my  ri ght foot ca rries  all the   weight, b ut becaus ei it's dama ged, my po sture is out now  and the shock ingg fr om my foot is gone to m  y back.  Ag ain, why wo uld i do th at to myself bec ause I tampered.  I d on't know ho w to get it off as t he back doe sn't com eoff the a70. I am a p hone tech but I k now better th an to tamper   with a lit hium battery as it  can explode.  Tel le me,  I  hav e two daughters, wh y would i pu them at risk, not t o mention meyself.  Thsi is a insult.  I h ave two girl s to take care of now as I am  separated f rom my marri age so I ne ed medica l attention an d compen sation to hel p p me as I  heal, but no  Sams ung pa sses it off, they d on't care abo tu my plea.  I nee d hel p.  I ha ve alre ady taken it to th e canada news.  

0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy A

So this is from this incident - https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Exploding-phone/td-p/1758252

Why haven't you gone to the news?  That usually puts a fire under the company's butts

0 Likes
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

i  ha ve a lready. no w i t goes global on tv.  so  I' ll let you g uys know w hen that  happen s as you  can see i t for yoursel ves.  

0 Likes
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Th ank you my friend.  Great t help.  

Se ems others  are hav ing issues  too with  over heating.  Let s take ke this serious b before it becomes an oother note 7 in cident.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Call a lawyer omg that's horrible!
0 Likes
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Al read y got le gal  advice.  Here  I am still  wih tout med ical attention  or any settlment t.  And Sam sung doe sn't care, th ey deny me an d blame it on me....  No just ice here.  If  I did ge t any lawy er at this point, Sam sung isn't  goin to budge. Ca se closed as fa ar as thei r concerned.  Any way, not s ure what to do now. .

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Get a lawyer, if you can't afford 1, there is lawyers that will take on your case for a %of whatever you might get 🤷‍♂️ call someone!
0 Likes
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Get ting g lawyer s involved now.  Thy will be  he lping me.