Original topic:

Samsung A50s Extended Warranty

(Topic created on: 11-20-2019 08:52 PM)
NANZ
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My 1year warranty has been registered and starts from 08/11/2019. How to extend another 1year warranty (free protection plus when buying this phone)? 

Already called customer service & marsh. However, they told me to register through samsung members app.
10 Comments
Quidro
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
go in-store and get help from there.

I think Samsung members is for registering your warranty after you purchase it. I don't think you can purchase a warranty from the app.
0 Likes
NanNa2104
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
i think the promotion ended on 18 nov. i rmb seeing they advertised to register via samsung members.

did you see any banners on members? or did the person who sold the phone to you guided you?
0 Likes
NANZ
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
if the promotion is over then i cannot get the extended warranty anymore?
the person only said he will register for me, then after a week i got message & call confirmation that only 1year warranty is activated.
then i called marsh last friday but im forgot as busy with work. try to find on members but see nothing.
0 Likes
NanNa2104
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
then i guess you probably missed it. saw someone posted a while ago on the banner on members for a50s. if you cant find it then its probably because it has ended.
0 Likes
AzmieZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
usually customer only can buy and get thw extended warranty and screen protection at the same time they bought the phones. my friends tried to buy it separately before and Samsung Centre said it can't be done and must be bought at the same time when you bought the phones. Dont know if it is true or not😅
0 Likes
lazyb0y
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
it should be register by store staff while buy the phone. they did for me when i bought a50s from low yat.
0 Likes
NANZ
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
yeah they did for me too. before i left they said the process will take about 3 working days. after a week, i got message & call confirmation that my warranty is activated but only for 1year. i asked abt extended warranty but they told me to call centre & marsh. marsh asked me to register through the app.
HidayahNazri
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I think the reason you've been told to register through Samsung Members Apps is due to because you did purchase the A50s within the promotion period. Here is the promo link:
https://www.samsung.com/my/offer/mobile/galaxy-a-exclusive-rewards/

You may try to check the terms and condition there.
NANZ
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
TQ. This showed the selected gift & the validation is completed. But when i check the warranty just stated only 1year?
0 Likes