Original topic:

Samsung A70 Android 10, Canada

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 11:40 AM)
joosh83
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
When will the samsung a70 get android 10, it was said to be during May, but it is now June 2 and there is no update.
0 Likes
17 Comments
Galaxy A
Most likely during this month, but it all depends on carriers.
0 Likes
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Are you on a Rogers network? Fido has it listed as coming soon, on hold but it was released on Bell networks.

I'm not sure about unlocked but I think it will release at the same time that Rogers will. Not 100% sure on that though.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It's already out for all carriers except Roger's and Fido CSC
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A
Hey joosh83,
Please note that the updates are released based on a base band version and you will receive a update notification once it is available on your phone. It is a tentative date and subject to change.
As mentioned by @ZMAHD, it is depending on carriers and it was out for carriers other than Rogers's and Fido CSC as per @CHMultimedia.
However you can also verify the updates manually on your phone by following the below steps.
Go to Settings>>Software update>>Download and Install>>Download.
Thanks to @ZMAHD, @cloneofghosts and @CHMultimedia for your information.
0 Likes
cento11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
this is ridiculous! Why have we been waiting so long for the android 10 update?
0 Likes
cento11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
my last security patch update is from Dec 2019. completely unacceptable!
0 Likes
joosh83
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
thanks all, that really helps
0 Likes
Curtis20413
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

I agree. I'm on Rogers and been checking every Friday to see when it will be  coming out and still nothing and now I see theres a bunch of security patches for older phones being released I dont get why even release or sell a phone if it's not gonna be updated regularly doesnt make much sense to me. I know I read that they were having issues with the a70 release bricking phones in canada bit the fix was issued and the android 10 release was slated for may 25th 2020. Still nothing on Rogers though. Might have to go to another phone if it's gonna keep being like this 

Foxcroft1
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I received android 10 update may 25 with Telus
0 Likes