Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A70 latest update and buggy

(Topic created on: 07-03-2019 07:13 AM)
apparitor
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A

Hello all so I recently purchase a A70 and started using it for a week and here are some things I notice that may help you with your purchase decision.

I notice the AOD on tap to wake , instead of staying on for the intended 10 seconds as stated it only flashes for 1 second, or sometimes flickers on and off while changing position around the screen when tap. After doing my own troubleshooting, clearing app cache/data/uninstall app etc the issue persists. 

Samsung support then when and see if they could solve the issue. However after going through their repeated steps the only time we fixed it was in safe mode so we did a whole factory reset. After the factory reset the issue still remain. So they suggest I take the phone into service.

However my own testing for an hour or so later realize that it is the latest version of the AOD 4.2.50 is the problem, the previous version does not have a tap to wake problem and remains on screen for 10 seconds. However if you really want to use tap to wake on the latest version, not adding / using the fingerprint scanner seems to remedy the issue as well as the AOD works perfectly with only face unlock as a biometric. Pretty horrible for us who don't want the AOD to constantly display on the screen.

Also the fast-charging cannot be turned off with this phone. If you want to use regular charging you have to use the really basic samsung charger or the old adaptive charging. The inbox 25w charger even if you turn off fast-charging in the settings it switches it on and defaults to super fast charging. 

Hope everyone else who has a A70 doesn't have the same issue as mine, but if this can't resolve I'll probably return the phone to my carrier. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TakiVilas
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
ask for a replacement if you had the phone 15 days or less.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I don't know why anyone would prefer to use slow charging. Yiu should be submitting an error report through the app so the software team can determine the cause. Did you wipe the cache partion after the update? Always recommended! Shaggyskunk has posted the steps so search the forum...hope it helps!
0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

I don't see a need for fast charging as I mostly charge my phone when I sleep so quickly charging it within a spawn for 5 hours isn't worth it for me. Also with fast charging when I use the device while its charging it gets quite hot so I can settle for the slow charge. 

As stated in my problem with AOD, I went as far as to reset the whole device wiping everything. Does that not wipe the cache partion? 

0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

So I cleared the cache partition as suggested, all errors / bugs still remained. 

0 Likes
Solution
TakiVilas
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
ask for a replacement if you had the phone 15 days or less.
0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Kinda hard too since I got Koodo pretty hard since all 3 of my A70's have a similar issue. 1 A50 is pretty good so I'll keep that for use for the Note 10 release. 

0 Likes