Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A11 vs Realme 6i: Specs Comparison

(Topic created on: 06-23-2020 11:59 PM)
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A

Samsung Galaxy A11 vs Realme 6i: Specs Comparison

The Chinese smartphone brands have been on a roll in the last few years that prominent names like Samsung are already feeling the pressure.

Chinese phones flourish is in the entry-level category, where value for money is really important. This is why the South Korean tech giant launched the Samsung Galaxy A11 to lure back the consumers in this territory.

But the question is, does the Galaxy A11 has what it takes to stay competitive in the sub-Php8,000 price range? Well, there’s only one way to figure out.

Today, we’ll be comparing Samsung’s latest with the Realme 6i. This is just one of the most sought-after budget devices from emerging Chinese brands.

One of the reasons why people go with Chinese phones is the incredible value they offer for the price. Of course, if you’ve spent all the time saving money, you want to get every value of every cent of it. Which is why, here in our Samsung Galaxy A11 versus Realme 6i specifications and features comparison, we’ll see which between these two is right for you.

Design

The Samsung Galaxy A11 features a more mute and almost uninspiring design. It has a plastic build with a matte paint job available in Black, White, Blue, and Red. There’s a glass protecting the screen, although the kind of glass used was never mentioned.

On the other hand, Realme is known for coming up with new designs on its every release. With the Realme 6i, we’re treated with a bamboo-like pattern that was made by Japanese industrial designer Naoto Fukasawa. It’s has a matte polycarbonate body that eliminates fingerprint marks and smudges.

The Realme 6i is available in Green Tea and Milk White that looks really unique and stands out to the crowd. Realme also used a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 to protect the screen.

Obviously, we prefer the unique look of the Realme 6i. But to the Galaxy A11’s credit, it does have a punch-hole on the screen. It provides a more modern look than the dewdrop notch of the former.

Display and Audio

If having a FHD+ screen is what you’re after, then you’re better off looking elsewhere as both the Samsung Galaxy A11 and Realme 6i only have HD+ screen.

But since it has a taller aspect ratio, the Realme device has a slightly higher 1600 x 720 pixel resolution. As for the actual quality, you can’t expect vibrant colors and deep contrast on both devices. But, you’d surely appreciate their large screen real-estate for multitasking, watching movies, and playing games.

Moreover, both smartphones have headphone jacks and single loudspeakers on the bottom. Their bottom-firing speakers should be good enough for the price but don’t expect too much.

Processor

In typical Samsung fashion, the processor used on the Samsung Galaxy A11 was not mentioned. Although, they did say that it’s a 1.8GHz octa-core processor.

Whatever that may be, it’s safe to assume that the MediaTek Helio G80 processsor on the Realme 6i is better. As you can see, the 6i has a higher 2.0GHz clock speed, and noticeably newer as it has Bluetooth 5.0, while the former only has Bluetooth 4.2.

The Realme 6i also has more RAM and storage options. You can get it with 3GB/64GB or 4GB/128GB, while the Galaxy A11 is only available in 3GB/32GB. However, there’s a price premium in getting the 6i, which we’ll talk more about later.

Camera

The Realme 6i tries to justify its higher asking price by having high-res cameras. It sports a 16-megapixel main shooter, which is twice as many pixels as the 8-megapixel selfie snapper on the former.

It also has a midrange-level 48-megapixel main camera, while the competition settles for a 13-megapixel sensor. The Realme 6i also has a sharper 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera, plus, the addition of a macro lens, which is missing on the Samsung Galaxy A11.

The cameras on the Galaxy A11 are actually decent for the price, but the Realme 6i obviously took it a notch further.

Battery

The Realme 6i’s bigger battery is the reason why you’re paying more for it. It comes with a 5,000mAh capacity, which dominates the 4,000mAh on the Samsung Galaxy A11.

In fact, the battery is so large that you can use the Realme 6i as a power bank with its reverse charging feature. All you need is an OTG cable and you can now share battery charge to friends.

The Realme 6i also has a 18W fast charging that’s marginally faster than the 15W charger of the Galaxy A11.

Others

The newer processor of the Realme 6i allowed it to have Bluetooth 5.0. It’s more reliable and power-efficient than Bluetooth 4.2 of the former. Great if you like using wireless earphones or speakers for hours.

1 Comment
Janet1226
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
Samsung for me
0 Likes