Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A71 Slow Charging

(Topic created on: 09-13-2020 11:57 AM)
isthatranel
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hello? Anyone here who experience slow charging after latest update? Any tips to solve the issue? 
9 Comments
Kurisuchan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Slow charging may encountered because of (1)battery defect, (2)incorrect input/output of charger, (3)unauthorized charger not recommended by Samsung and/or (4)high usage of battery from apps that runs on background.

My tips are;
1. Use official Samsung Charger.
2. Don't Overcharge, also don't drain you battery. Charge when your battery percentage is 25%-30%.
3. Check your device if compatible to fast charging. My A10s is 5v=1.55A meaning my device is not compatible in fast charging.
4. Check out your 'Device Care' in settings or 'Interactive Check' in Samsung Members.
5. Check out for running background application, that may consume your battery performance.

Hope that these may help you. Have a nice day!
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
This really helps.
0 Likes
isthatranel
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Very useful info.
0 Likes
isthatranel
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I am using official samsung charger that comes with the box when I purchased the unit, this slow charging occurs after I update my phone. However, This is a very useful information. Many thanks :)
Kurisuchan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Welcome!😊😊
0 Likes
Jenno
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Same experience here.
0 Likes
JReL21
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
1 hour and 20 minutes less...
0 Likes
Samsuck
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Samsung occasionally locks down their devices to only work with a limited number if chargers. A charger may perfectly implement qualcomm quick charge, power delivery, or standard fast charge and still not work properly on a Samsung device. 

Samsung desperately wants to be Apple and closer their devices to third party accessories, including chargers. Samsung makes excellent hardware then makes crappy, convoluted software, and hardware limitations to prevent consumer choice. I may have to return my Galaxy A71 because it does not play well with the same chargers that have powered my Galaxy S8 for three years. I only chose the A71 for the large battery and quality camera. 

Time to try another brand.

0 Likes
JReL21
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
bitter
0 Likes