Original topic:

Samsung Pay security problem

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 09:24 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I received an update for Samsung pay which I do not user and cannot remove from my phone. 

The update produces an error for a moment. That it is not compatible. 

Why can I not identify this apps version and what is the error for this Samsung product?
0 Likes
13 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It's a preinstalled app. There's no security issue here.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I know it's preinstalled. the security issue is Samsung pay doesn't provide the latest version for the update it is requesting and the incompatibility message that appears
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A
Please do the clear cache of the Samsung Pay app and restart your phone and check if it works.
Go to Settings>>Apps>>Select Samsung Pay app>>Storage>>Clear cache.
If the issue still persists, please get back to us with your phone model number and device status, you can find it from settings >> About phone >> Model Number.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
the phone is an a50. clearing cache makes no difference.
when I go to the App store and click on Samsung pay it doesnt show the latest version. it only shows Samsung electronics co
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A
Hi@SamSungtwo,
Please provide the screen shots of the device status of your phone.
Go to settings>>About phone>>Software information>>Device status.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
why do you need screen shots of the status
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi SamSungtwo,

Please note that the Samsung apps doesn't work properly if the device has a custom OS on it. To know the OS status, I suggest you to verify the device status on your phone and let us know to help you further.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
I have an A50 and the version I have is 4.0. 00. In the app store it's called Samsung Pay Canada, since I'm in Canada. The app can be uninstalled. The phone has Android 10.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I am still running android 9, and I am also in Canada.
I don't b know if the app is removed in android 10 but I cannot remove it. I also do not see Samsung pay Canada in the app store.
0 Likes