Original topic:

Samsung features that don't work

(Topic created on: 08-16-2019 06:41 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A

The following features do not work on the Samsung phone.

1. Emergency alerts with "Amber alerts" turned off, alerts still come through.

Emergency alertEmergency alert

2. Setting a default browser other than the Samsung Internet browser will be over riden if you open the Samsung user manual. Resulting in Samsung internet browser opening the user manual

3." find my mobile" version 7.0.18.1 turns itself on without authorization. Samsung suggest removing the users Samsung accoount to prevent this access.

0 Likes
11 Comments
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Amber Alerts are sent at the highest priority so you cannot disable them. The best you can do is have your phone in vibrate or DND and you won't hear the sound. If you have your phone off when an alert is sent you won't get it.
Galaxy A
Actually - You will still get the Amber Alert Tone with Do Not Disturb Toggled On - The only way to not receive it - Turn off your phone... Why - Because it can be a matter of life or DEATH 🐧
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
@Shaggyskunk1 I thought I've heard people say that they don't get the sound in DND but it could be based on the phone. I know you don't get the sound on vibrate as I've never gotten the sound on my phone as it's always in vibrate.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
I keep my phone on DND at night and I never hear the tone
Galaxy A
Flight mode also will not sound when Amber Alert in effect.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
@Shaggyskunk1,

that's not the only way....

:)
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

My concern is samsung placed this option in place "AND IT DOESN'T WORK"

0 Likes
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
It's available on all Android devices not just Samsung. In other places like the US where amber alerts are sent out as amber alerts that feature works. Like I said in my post in Canada this is not the case so you'd have to complain to Alert Ready or the CRTC and hope they change it.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
could be, I use Samsung messages
0 Likes