Original topic:

System logs on latest phone

(Topic created on: 11-14-2019 03:24 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Does the latest Samsung phones have system logs to be examined by the user?
7 Comments
Galaxy A
Still fixated with conspiracies I see... 🐧
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Ha. We all gotta start somewhere. Can't blame people for not knowing stuff! Funny... yeah.
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
There's ways i am sure. Have a look on XDA.
You can also install root file browsers that'll give you the ability to look at almost everything that is on your phone. Some will let you see a bit more than others.

MiX file explorer is free, and i believe you're best to get it from XDA if i remember correctly. I think the play store offering isn't as good.

I use FX file explorer and although using an S10e with no available root, (yet)? I can still find good use for its features and it'll allow full access for one week. i bought it, no regrets.

There's also the return of ES file explorer. Not what it once was but will give you a look.

There's another... i think by jrummy or something.

Not all, but lots of the files you view can be copied to your regular internal storage or ext sdcard (when you are on this level, sdcard refers to what you normally see and is labelled as such).
You can dig into the files more copied elsewhere.

Here's a pic of my root directory. (Below). Think of it like viewing the C; directory on a windows computer. That's all root is. Access. If you were to delete and/or alter a bunch of system files on windows you can imagine the problems you'd have. This is why phones are sealed up without the ability to change any files of that kind.
You'd never get any calls or texts from a lot of people! It's good for allowing your phone to remain as reliable as possible. Life and death situations literally depend on it. For that reason, i am in agreement with the way our phones are purchased.
What i do not agree with, more so than root access, is the way this method is taken advantage of by forcing useless software with no ability to remove it and mostly the denial of upgrading a device that is capable well beyond what is given to it in many instances. Some over 5 years.

You'll also be able to see any malicious apps in your /system/apps/ or /system/priv-apps/ directory. The apps here (some elsewhere) will survive any factory reset you perform. Does not matter if you do it from recovery. This is rare and to my knowledge would require rooting the phone first and then unrooting to mask the install. This does render Samsung Pay and some other features to not work anymore so chances of you not knowing are slim. Unless you're James Bond and have some heavy lifestyle action movie scene going on... seriously doubt you'd post here. Oh.. also could be you dated a secret agent.

You can however, fix this by obtaining an official version of your firmware and uploading it with a program called "Odin."

Any more questions are best sought on XDA or by contacting your ex with flowers and an apology.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
thanks. I am aware of some if thoses methods.

I am interested in built in accessible logs as this is a new phone I am interested in what is available by default without installing additional software.
for example with the developer option turned on can the phone produce readable logs?
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
The one in developer options is for sure being accessed by one or more apps. I use bxactions (bixby button remapper) and with the full remap on, the button is null if i turn logging off.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
There is a system log. when I was filling b out a feedback report it seems a log to Samsung.

Does anyone know how those logs are accessed
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Samsung response was the system logs are only available to developers
0 Likes