Original topic:

Upgraded ONE UI for android Pie October 2019

(Topic created on: 11-15-2019 12:50 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Some of the upgrades on my Galaxy for the October 2019 already exist on my phone. 
Examples
- new features like night mode
- reply to notifications through notifications panel

I obtained the information from Samsung notices. 
Is there a more specific notification for specific models? 

10 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

Samsung doesn't seem to supply us with much information on what is in the updates so what you have is likely all there is.

Apps are updated all the time so just because you have night mode on your phone doesn't mean it and others don't need updated for security reasons.

You aren't saying what your phone model is but the October update was a large one on the S10 model and it has since been updated to November 

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

SamMobile is a good source for information on updates but they report on information for all countries so you have to watch that the information and availability pertains to Canada

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
if Samsung is going to post information on upgrades and not provide complete information they should at least state what models the described updates apply.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Samsung Moderators never replied to this post regarding the vague & inaccurate information in the Notice 🐧

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Moderator-Wonder-why-Some-people-are-confused/td-p/2163...
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
You are reconfirming the inaccurate post?

I have been providing feedback to Samsung. I would recommend you also do the same.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I upgraded to Oct 2019 One UI onmy Galaxy phone and it shows the same version 1.1 why?
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

Your Android Version number is not going to change until they come out with One UI version 2 at the end of 2019 or 1st quarter of 2020.

The only Version difference that you will see is the month that you are updated to

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
where would I see this update confirmation?
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
You should see the month of the update at the bottom of the screen you show in your screenshot you posted