Original topic:

What is Bixby?

(Topic created on: 11-15-2019 04:55 AM)
MrFlux
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hello everyone,  my question is, What is Bixby and is it worth it. I'm not sure what it's for
0 Likes
8 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
It's a front for bx actions that gives much more control over the extra button. Fire up the camera and use it to snap a photo. Operate your torch with the screen off, anytime. That's my Bixby.
You can also remap volume inputs aa a bonus.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
That's not really an answer to their question - While I agree with you regarding bxActions - They're asking about Bixby...

Bixby is Samsung's attempt to have an app similar (but consensus is inferior to Google Assistant)🐧
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I know, i know... I KNOW!
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Yeah bixby isn't to useful to be honest. It's a wanna be of google assist and it's half-**bleep** if you ask me.
RossB
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
you tube Bixby you will learn a lot
0 Likes
seobro
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Bixby is essentially Samsung's version of a personal AI Assistant. You can ask it to do things like make calls, send texts, and check the weather.

The main thing with Bixby is it's contextual understanding and how it integrates with Samsung's services. If you ask Bixby to send a text, it'll do it through the preinstalled Samsung messages app. If you ask it to search for something, it'll do it on Samsung Internet.

There's little nuances that you can do with Bixby like Routines; you can set up a certain phrase to say to Bixby and it'll perform a certain function. An example of this is you say "School Mode" and you program Bixby to turn your phone to silent and turn the Brightness down.

Is it useful? when it works Yes, but it's often not as convenient as doing the performed task by hand. The Bixby routines thing is fun though 😋
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
it's more of a device assistant that samsung puts in their software. it can do a few neat tricks but even after 2+ years of development it's still subpar.
0 Likes
MrFlux
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Thank you all for your great and helpful answers 😁👍
0 Likes