Original topic:

counterfeit warning notice

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 10:46 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I purchased my a50 from the Bramalea mall from Freedom mobile in Brampton. Is this store considered valid by Samsung for selling non counterfeit phones?
0 Likes
12 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Carriers are authorized sellers, don't worry about it.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

I am not worried. But If Samsung is making that statement and not providing sufficient information to identify counterfeits this will annoy users.

The web site they point to samsung.com/ca or a Canadian authorized store I would expect a list of these stores or a definitive way to identify counterfeits.

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
You'll never have a list of stores that sell Samsung products you would need 2 jumbo size toilet rolls just be able to put them all on...
As CHMULTIMEDIA says all carriers are authorized retailers...not to mention places like bestbuy Walmart etc
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I bought a pair of Galaxy Buds from Walmart online on black Friday, I ended up getting a knockoff version that doesn't work with the Galaxy Wearable app.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Exactly my point.
How do you verify counterfeit sites that sell Samsung phones
0 Likes
Galaxy A
i think, try registering your product using your IMEI, to see if it is a counterfiet or not? just my opinion don't know if this is right. hehe.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yup - It's a dangerous world out there - Conspiracies everywhere - Virtually every one of your posts suggests that you shouldn't own a mobile device... 🙄
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Check component quality, use identification software like AIDA64 and see if the components (OS, Processor) match the official specs, check display quality, run a benchmark (Geekbench) and run an AMOLED test...
0 Likes
Galaxy A
i dig that
0 Likes