Original topic:

galaxy store uses

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 11:08 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I received a notification stating there are updates from the galaxy store. It doesn't tell me what these updates are and to log in I have to give permission to contacts and telephone. 

How can I tell what these updates are without giving b permission?
7 Comments
Galaxy A
Really not sure why you even use the Internet... every one of your posts seems to be loaded with paranoia & suspicion...
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
why don't answer the question?
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You can accept the permissions temporarily and go into app info and disable them later. There is no other way around.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I like many people don't like providing permissions temporarily or otherwise without knowing why. Why does it need access for contacts and telephone? This should be easy to answer.
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
The permissions in question affect your device through the Galaxy Store much like Samsung Members does: it reads the device information such as brand, Operating System & your carrier's network.
Once into the Galaxy Store, under the options tab will be a heading of "My Page" which will outline any/all app's available for your current configuration
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
That still doesn't explain why the permissions are required. How are the permissions being used by the application?
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
They are simply being used as explained above, to check what type of device & data is needed before proceeding. It's a type of system check for proper delivery & translation of programs to the visuals & written words most non-technical humans require. Unless you know how to verify your API level in computer lingo, your mobile device isn't going to be very current in it's ability worrying about the initial settings for it to tell some other device they're able to speak the same language
0 Likes