Original topic:

how to unlock my phone?

(Topic created on: 12-08-2019 07:48 AM)
brittu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have tried everything to get this phone unlocked  i have the code for it but it won't pop up for me to type it in 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Clinto
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
hold the volume up button and power button for about 5 seconds and then go to reset phone
0 Likes
brittu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I just tried and it never worked
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Is it your phone? Were you ever able to Unlock it?
Strange question.... In over 10 years I've never had a problem Unlocking any of my devices...

Did you try:

"Open sesame"

🤪🐧
CrazyDave
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Insert a sim that the phone isnt locked to it should come up that the phone is locked and allow you to unlock it
0 Likes
brittu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I know that's what everyone keeps telling me but nothing has popped up
0 Likes
Clinto
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
could be the volume down button and power if not YouTube definitely will have your answer
0 Likes
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
did you register a fingerprint?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Can you clarify the issue further? When you say "unlock" ... did you mean:
1) unlocking the phone to use with another carrier?
2) you can't access your phone with password, PIN, etc?

1) if you got the phone from a Canadian carrier, the phone should already be unlocked. Carriers are not permitted to sell locked phones anymore. If it is (for whatever reason) locked, the carrier should have provided an unlock code free of charge. IIRC when you insert a different carrier's SIM in, it will ask for the unlock code (provided the phone was carrier locked).

2) if having issues accessing your phone due to incorrect password, PIN, etc, log in to either Google or Samsung find my device service. There should be an option to send a passcode to unlock. However, this will not reset the original credentials used. You will need to factory reset and start fresh if you did forget the password, PIN, etc. But backup all important data prior to a factory reset as it will wipe everything off the phone.
0 Likes
brittu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
unlock to use with another carrier. when I insert my sim card nothing happens.
0 Likes