Original topic:

issues with Samsung browser

(Topic created on: 06-23-2020 03:05 PM)
SavvySavoie
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Ok I just got my android 10 update earlier today but Samsung internet is showing there's a update but when you go to update it there's no update available at all anyone else having the issue as well?
25 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Did you try to update it with Google Play Store or Galaxy Store ? I just did the update with Google Play Store
0 Likes
SavvySavoie
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
yeah checked there no update at all
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @SavvySavoie,

Please try to restart the device and check again for update and let us know if it works.

Some times simple reboot will fix some issues.

Also, As you have mentioned you received an android 10 update. Try to wipe the cache partition of your device and get back to us with the result.

0 Likes
SavvySavoie
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
actually I did that 1 hour after the update but I'll try again later
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
"Ok I just got my android 10 update earlier today"

Works for me 🤙
I'm growing weary of repeating This 🤦 (not that I mind though 😁🤙✌️👍bc this is something nobody should really hafta do 😤👎)
Try wiping the cache
@Cassidy
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/td-p/3156063

I didn't get screenshots bc someone was asking about a site not working earlier and although iknew it was likely the programming of the site as mentioned by @CHMultimedia I tried updating Samsung internet anyway (through my dismay but for the greater good I gave it a go) just out of curiosity. It updates just fine for me, but still doesn't work on that site, https://www.myomers.com 🤦

Is there a reason you need an update?
Galaxy A
What's the version number of Samsung Internet Browser you have installed?
Settings - Apps - Samsung Internet - Click on it & scroll down to see the version number.
It's possible that you may have already updated it..
My screen shot shows the latest version.
SavvySavoie
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
11.2.2.3 is the version number
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy A

@SavvySavoie, You can also try to clear cache and data of Samsung internet. Then restart your device and check again for updates for Samsung internet.

Follow the below steps:

Open Settings >> Apps >> Samsung Internet >> Storage >> Clear cache and Clear data.
Note: Clearing the data of the app will reset the app to factory default settings. Any personal settings saved on the app will be removed.
0 Likes
Montypython
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I got an update from Google Play but wasn't showing in Galaxy Store
0 Likes