Highlighted
George7mm
Active Level 1
Galaxy 8+, Since the pie update,  when im connected to any bluetooth and I get any notification the sound only comes through the bluetooth and nothing from the phone, 
I've read on the net quite a few people with the same problem,  is there some kind of fix for this? 
9 Comments
Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
Are you using Sound Assistant & have all Notifications etc going to your BT device?
George7mm
Active Level 1
I didn't download anything , only using whatever came with the phone.
Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
Well after every single OTA - I ALWAYS Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache at the very least - While it's always possible that an OTA broke something - Normally a Security Patch OTA doesn't touch anything else - Try Booting into Recovery and Wipe Cache & see if it resolves your problem 🐧
FYI - Sound Assistant is a Samsung app that is quite useful - You might want to download one of (it's part of the Goodlock family 😉
George7mm
Active Level 1
well in that case I Erik downloaded it tonight, thanks, do you mind telling me how to clear the cache, I've never done that, I'm willing to try anything to fix this issue
Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
To Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache:

Power OFF the phone.
Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until the Recovery Menu defaults back to Reboot Now and Select with the Power button - You have now successfully wiped the Cache of your device 🐧
George7mm
Active Level 1
thanks alot, I appreciate it
Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
No worries - Hope it solves the problem for you 👍🐧
The only other thing I would try is to Factory Reset - Let me know if you need any help with it.
George7mm
Active Level 1
ok, I will, thanks, do you think if I do a reset on the network settings it might work if this doesn't?
Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
Doesn't cost anything to Reset the Network - Sure give it a try - You could also Unpair your Bluetooth device & Re-Pair it... 🐧