Original topic:

no notification sound

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 09:56 AM)
George7mm
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Galaxy 8+, Since the pie update,  when im connected to any bluetooth and I get any notification the sound only comes through the bluetooth and nothing from the phone, 
I've read on the net quite a few people with the same problem,  is there some kind of fix for this? 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy A
Are you using Sound Assistant & have all Notifications etc going to your BT device?
0 Likes
George7mm
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I didn't download anything , only using whatever came with the phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Well after every single OTA - I ALWAYS Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache at the very least - While it's always possible that an OTA broke something - Normally a Security Patch OTA doesn't touch anything else - Try Booting into Recovery and Wipe Cache & see if it resolves your problem 🐧
FYI - Sound Assistant is a Samsung app that is quite useful - You might want to download one of (it's part of the Goodlock family 😉
0 Likes
George7mm
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
well in that case I Erik downloaded it tonight, thanks, do you mind telling me how to clear the cache, I've never done that, I'm willing to try anything to fix this issue
0 Likes
Galaxy A
To Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache:

Power OFF the phone.
Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until the Recovery Menu defaults back to Reboot Now and Select with the Power button - You have now successfully wiped the Cache of your device 🐧
George7mm
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
thanks alot, I appreciate it
Galaxy A
No worries - Hope it solves the problem for you 👍🐧
The only other thing I would try is to Factory Reset - Let me know if you need any help with it.
0 Likes
George7mm
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
ok, I will, thanks, do you think if I do a reset on the network settings it might work if this doesn't?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Doesn't cost anything to Reset the Network - Sure give it a try - You could also Unpair your Bluetooth device & Re-Pair it... 🐧
0 Likes