Original topic:

photo capabilities

(Topic created on: 10-23-2020 10:30 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I have noticed some phones have 50 optical zoom.  I saw some pictures of the moon submitted and I am wondering if that is correct? Also do there owners of those phones think it takes pictures better than as digital SLR camera?
0 Likes
8 Comments
RidaIssa
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
well, yeah some phones has 50x zoom (digital zoom, not optical) like the Samsung Galaxy Note 20Ultra, but, as a photographer, and I have used Canon 90D and Canon 60D and other cameras, I would like to say for a phone 50x is still good and the quality is quite good. DSLR cameras use real lenses, so when you zoom the quality stays perfect, but if you try any small camera (not DSLR) it will have same quality as a phone or sometimes a little bit better depending on the lense and the sensor. So 50x in the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is really good
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Ridalssa, Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
A DSLR takes much better photos than any phone camera. There's no comparing the sensors and the lenses.
0 Likes
RidaIssa
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
ofc no need to compare Cameras and Smartphones, cameras surpasses all Smartphone in quality and even videos. Actually it's unfair to compare the 2, but the Note 20 Ultra it does the job very well, not as a camera quality, but it does the job pretty good
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
No, it's not 50x optical zoom. It's "digital zoom", aka cropping, aka NOT zoom.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A
Hi Samsung Members, I would like to add some information about the S20 series.
S20 FE supports 3x Optical zoom without Loss of Quality and 30X space zoom which includes digital zoom and may cause some image deterioration.
Galaxy S20/S20+ supports 3x Hybrid Optical Zoom without loss of quality(digital 30x zoom with loss of quality)
Galaxy S20 Ultra supports 10x Hybrid Optical Zoom (digital 100x zoom with loss of quality)
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
What is there highest optical zoom on a Samsung phone ?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi SamSungtwo, Note20 Ultra supports 5x optical zoom and S20 Ultra supports 10x Hybrid Optical Zoom.

0 Likes