Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

screen capture / pinning

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 10:03 AM)
YVR
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
hi, this is my first post so please be gentle. 

i have switched from a S8 to A70. The A70 can capture a screen but does not have the functionality to pin a portion to my screen so i can open another app like google translate. Then I can enter text that requires translating without having to switch back and fourth.  

The app i used in my S8 was EDGE CAPTURE and i have been unsuccessful in locating a similar app.

any suggestions???
0 Likes
14 Comments
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Sounds like a feature exclusive to phones with an Edge display. Not sure why you downgraded to a midrange A70 from a premium S8 though. You should have expected that the lower-end device would be less versatile
YVR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
ps i also didnt know it a older phone. opps
0 Likes
YVR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
downgraded? haha i actually really like the A70. Miss the screen pinning functionality tho thanks for such a quick response!!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The A70 is a downgrade. Worse screen, worse speakers, worse camera, worse build quality, worse processor... But if you're happy, then that's that.
YVR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
opps
keeping up with tech is too time consuming for me. I will try to keep in the loop by following/consulting you 😊
PS this bigger is better theory ihas been proven incorrect in this case
YVR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
worse everything? ugh now i feel bad about my lack of tech knowledge. but i really do like this phone better than the S8
🤷‍♀️
0 Likes
YVR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
FYI now that my brain knows the truth about this phone, i no longer enjoy it lol sad & true
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

I don't have an A70 to try but should still work.

Hold down on the left mouse button and drag it over the info you want to translate highlighting it. Let the button up and pick copy and then paste your info into your translate program. Sometimes you are offered to translate without copy and paste.

0 Likes
YVR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
thanks Ray2. i will give it a try & let you know the results. PS no buttons on the leftside on this model. i will give it a try & post my results
0 Likes