Original topic:

turn wifi on automatically

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 01:37 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I have turn wifi on automatically SRT on. Wifi remains on even when no network is available. It did not do 

this before. It would disable wifi when no network was available. 

Does anyone know why this is not working anymore?
0 Likes
6 Comments
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I should include that this change occurred with the a50 October 1, 2019 upgrade which Samsung does not acknowledge
0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
it has to learn. if you clear the cache on the wifi or forget your usual wifi stuff it may keep the wifi on. I think to speed up the process your toggle the wifi on and off a few times and then a message should pop up confirming the wifi control. I did this with my s10 note 10+ and a70. it works pretty seamlessly but I dont notice the battery improvement at all
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
there is no cache on wifi. it should simple turn wifi off when no known wifi sites are accessible. if I go to a location where no wifi sites are wifi remains on.
0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
It is simple and works as intended. Did you try toggling the wifi icon till the message pops up?
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
this function worked before the Oct 1, 2019 androud security patch and now doesn't function
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Turn wifi on automatically, doesn't work anymore since the October 1 2019. a description of "turn on wifi automatically is also missing from the user manual.

I have included a capture of an area what no o have no wifi access yet wifi remains active.
0 Likes