Original topic:

unable to copy/move pictures and videos on samsung cloud from phone to sd card.

(Topic created on: 10-04-2017 06:08 PM)
sishwanie
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have an A5 and I have my photo albums and videos synced on samsung cloud for back up but kept copies on my phone. However, when I tried to move them from the phone to my sd card, at first it's saying they're not yet synced to samsung cloud. But then, it's still saying unable to move after syncing. I wanted to move them to the sd card to free up space on my phone but it's not letting me copy or move them. And if i try to delete a picture, it's saying the picture will be deleted on samsung cloud.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy A
Well what you can do if you haven't already, go into the camera settings and change the save location to your sd card, all future pictures will be saved to the SD card
0 Likes
sishwanie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Thank you for the response, and yes, i have already changed the location to sd card for future pictures. i have thought about it but if i use the free up phone space option, it will delete all photos and vids that were already saved on the cloud right? The thing is, i like to keep some of them specially the vids on the sd card. Also, if i use the free up space option, do you know if it deletes all of them or would there be an option to select which photos or vids to delete?
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Go to gallery settings from 3 dots on top right. In setting when you select samsung cloud more setting open. In there if you select free up phone space, it will delete photos from phone but it will keep cloud copies. That's one option.
Have you tried using my files (Samsungs file manager) to move those photos?

0 Likes
sishwanie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Thanks jmak for the reply. i did think about using free space but it will delete all of the copies on the phone wouldn't it? do you know if i choose it, would there be an option to select which copies of photos or vids to delete pr if it wipes out everything right away?
I haven't tried using my files yet, I'll check it out. thank you 😊
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Clear space will wipe every photo that's on your cloud
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
And what @cprice mentioned is a future proofing from this trouble.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I had this SAME issue, I had to hit select the pictures, hit "download" and then I could move them.
The ones that you see are not locally stored on your phone, but you are viewing from the cloud. It is quite confusing if you ask me..
0 Likes
sishwanie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
thank you for info snowcat. i didn't know once they are synced, the ones shown on the gallery are from the cloud.
0 Likes