Original topic:

update to oreo

(Topic created on: 09-14-2018 07:41 PM)
LSerafim
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hi.
I changed my s5 neo for a new a8 2018 and received an update notice for android 8.0.
However I had a bad experience with an official update in my old s5, a lot of applications samsung and significant reduction in battery.
I want to know if the A8 2018 has the same problem after the android 8.0 update.
0 Likes
9 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
S5 is over a 4 year old phone, obviously it can't keep up with latest updates. A8 is a new phone, so it can keep up and no problem will occur.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Not necessarily true. Old phones can get new updates just fine. The S5 has custom ROMs for Android Oreo and they work.

Some S7 and S8 owners complained here about battery drain after Oreo. Sometimes it's because of apps that aren't up to date with the Android SDK. Some other times a simple cache cleaning does the trick. Some other other times a factory reset is needed. All this is independently of the device.

My S7 is as "old" as this person's S5 Neo was when it last received an OS update (Android 7.1.1 in August 2017).
0 Likes
LSerafim
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
The last samsung update to s5 neo in canada is 7.1. I don't understand one official update with lots of bugs and performance drop.
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
S5 neo has like 2G ram, 1.6ghz very old Exynos. So there's a really high chance it can't keep up with latest updates.
A8,S7 they're like double the specs of S5 neo. It's a huge possibility that S5 neo hardware is at fault.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Yeah, the update has proven to be beneficial thus far and most devices.

I'd recommend after updating your device to simply Wipe your Cache partition through the recovery mode after doing the update. That usually solves a lot of update issues. It wont clear any personal data so no worries there.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a8-2018/recovery-mode/

follow that link there and when you get to recovery mode just select wipe cache partition and then reboot
0 Likes
psycho1
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
There is no wipe cache partition mode listed on my s7
dess
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
psycho dig your name
0 Likes
dess
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
I like my A8 i just want to protect g it from being hacked
0 Likes
LSerafim
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Too late to my s5.
I don't want problems with my A8.
Thanks to reply, but i don't have warranty if will work fine like before the update, all tips blame third app or user configs.
I don't have any warranty or method "official samsumg" to revert the android update.
To easy reply:
I will have troubles or performace drops with this update for A8 2018?
0 Likes