Did you mean: 

Original topic:

wifi frequency band 5ghz

(Topic created on: 07-22-2020 12:21 AM)
98moi
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Sana magkaron ng update sa advanced setting ng wifi na makakapili tayo kung anong frequency ang gusto nating gamitin: 2ghz only or 5ghz only or adjust automatically

Sana maforward to sa mga developers ng samsung, please!

Sana maabutan pa ng a71 ko ang update na yan kung sakaling gawin nila
3 Comments
ScrappyX
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
If your phone is capable of dual-band WiFi connection (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz), which is Galaxy A71 is totally capable, it can automatically detect both WiFi frequency and its your choice where to connect to.
But, if your main WiFi router only has the single-band or 2.4GHz support, your phone can only connect to what your router has.
0 Likes
98moi
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
Our wifi router is dual band, i set the same ssid for 2ghz and 5ghz. On my previous phone (xioami mi5s, 2017) I can choose which wifi band I want to use. With a71's automatic detection, I wont know for sure if I am connected to the 2ghz or 5ghz band so I set a different ssid for 5ghz just so I can manually switch to 5ghz and I'd know for sure that I am on a 5ghz connection. I just wish I could have the same choice for my a71 😥
0 Likes
itsmeian
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
So that's why I name the wifi 2 names, one for 2.4 GHz, and another for 5 GHz, for easy identification.