Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex - One week later

(Topic created on: 06-15-2020 07:39 AM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Books
Hi all,

After 1 week using on my new laptop, I can write more about this laptop. The performance of this laptop is fast. Battery last for a day. I enabled the Battery+, maximum charging at 85% only. But still last for a day. If using fully charge 100%, it should last over 12 hours

First of all, many reviews said the hinge is not tight. Well, it depends on how, how much force you lift up, how is the screen angle on the laptop. My screen always straight up so it isn't a problem.

Some reviews said half shift key may affect typing experience. But seems to be not an issue to me. Tried typing for this week, I never typed on fingerprint sensor, which surprise me. 😲

This laptop have 2 USB-C ports. However, I need LAN port and USB-A for memory stick for my work. Therefore, I bought an USB-C LAN port with 3x USB-A 3.0 adapter from Amazon. 

I have tried 3.5mm headphone jack with my BOSE headset. Sound is very good.

Here are couple features that I like. At least my previous laptop don't have such features.

Auto Boot - Open the flip and laptop turn on automatically.

Samsung security - Secret screen / Block recording / Security Cam
If blocking security camera, I can't use Windows Hello. But fingerprint solve the login issue.

In tablet mode, SPen is useful. Keyboard and touchpad will disable automatically. If reading webpage, tablet mode is so good.

I also tried DeX and Link to Windows. Both work perfectly. I have no WiFi6 router at home; however, my AC network provide up to 800Mbps in 5GHz connection, which is very good .

In conclusion, this Samsung Galaxy Book Flex is great for work, entertainment and interactive with Galaxy Note devices.

The downside is only 2 USB-C ports. If want to setup like a desktop use, need to buy an USB-C hub to make this work.

***This review is my personal opinion 😉 I am still trying to find a laptop that fit my daily work, hopefully Book Flex is the one I am looking for.

Thank you for reading
26 Comments
Galaxy Books
hey that's very detailed! lol.. good to know you're enjoying it.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books

Tallman
If you were using 2 dongles like this one (USB-C/USB-A) , one for your USB Key and the other with a USB combo Mouse/Keyboard, will it work ?
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy Books
Thanks for sharing....Just curious...what do you do for work?
Galaxy Books
Computer technician. Mostly troubleshooting. Maintain servers health, like Domain controller, Exchange server...etc. and manage networks, setting up corporate devices...
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Books
im strongly considering buying a Samsung laptop at some point in the future. probably nothing this fancy though 😂.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi @Tallman,

Thank you for sharing your experience and detail review on Galaxy Book Flex after using it for one week. Good to know that you like the performance of this laptop. I hope you will enjoy using this Galaxy Book Flex in the future also. 

Regarding "only 2 USB-C ports" we will forward this to our team and consider it as feedback.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a brief review of Galaxy Book Flex.

Galaxy Books
On my **bleep** laptop, under BIOS settings, I've enabled an option where I open the lid, and my laptop boots up
Galaxy Books
don't know why it was censored but I was going to say Hewlett Packard lol
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books
Didn't you lose a bet?