Original topic:

Food Snapshot: Bingsoo!

(Topic created on: 02-14-2020 10:21 PM)
seobro
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Bingsoo (빙수) is a common Korean dessert item that is primarily made of shaved ice that has been mixed with ice cream, condensed milk, and/or fruit syrup. It's usually topped with fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries, or watermelon! The traditional bingsoo is usually topped with red beans, so you may or may not be more aware of its original counterpart, Patbingsu (팥빙수).

This is a Honey Fruit and Cheesecake bingsoo that I had at a cafe called Passion8 here in Burnaby, British Columbia. It's a small and cozy cafe with beautiful little accents of colour and culture that invites anyone in for a sweet and tasty treat. The bingsoo itself was sublimely good; it comes with a handful of blueberries coated with sweet honey, two pieces of decadent cheesecake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a dried orange on top. The shaved ice was coated in condensed milk and tasted like I was eating flaky ice cream - really really good. 

If you haven't tried Bingsoo before, do yourself a favour and Google a Bingsoo place and go go go! It's absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend it. Cheers!

KakaoTalk_20200214_160243937.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200214_160239689.jpg

Taken on the Galaxy S10+

7 Comments
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
Im not a dessert guy but does that ever look good!
seobro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
It was soo good 😋
Xaviar12
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Gallery
yum!
Galaxy Gallery
Yes very much delicate, yum, yums!
Padraig
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Good close up shot of something that would definitely satisfy a sugar craving.
seobro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
My sugar cravings were satisfied beyond expectation 😋 thanks for the comment!
good4u2
Active Level 7
Galaxy Gallery
Great to see beautiful photos 🍦🍧🍨
0 Likes