Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung internet page is black and I cannot change it.

(Topic created on: 09-22-2019 09:22 AM)
Dukovich
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Hi everyone.  In a previous post I made, someone has been hacking into my Samsung account, but that is not my issue on this post as I asked for advice on the other post.
The issue is, whoever hacked my Samsung account has turned my Samsung internet pages black and no matter what I try in settings, I cannot turn it off. In my settings, the dark, or black background options are turned off, and if I go to the top right 3 dots on a Samsung page, some of the options, including 'dark' are faded out so I have no access.
How do I access 'dark mode' aside from settings to turn it off.
Thanks guys!
6 Comments
Galaxy Gallery
Go to Settings - Themes & Select the Default Samsung theme - That's what appears to be the issue 🐧
Pretty sure that even if you were hacked - There's no way for someone else to change the settings on your device 😉
Dukovich
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate ANY internet help.
Unfortunately, I had to end up calling Samsung and they said Settings - turn off high contrast. That seemed to do it.
And that seems like a setting I would have mucked with myself as I have a lot of trouble seeing my screen outside in daylight lol! Thanks again though Shaggy, I appreciated your help.
0 Likes
Galaxy Gallery
No worries & High Contrast is actually a Samsung Theme - Reverting to the Default Samsung theme should have corrected the issue 🙂
Dukovich
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Oh! I must have not followed your advice properly. I confess I am gen X and not the most computer literate haha!
Galaxy Gallery
Gen X - You're a youngster 🕊
The Pink theme in my case is the Default Samsung theme & the black theme in the red box on the right is Samsung's High Contrast theme 😉🐧
Dukovich
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Thank you for showing me the difference.....and for calling me young 😌
0 Likes