Original topic:

Unbelievable lighting in low light with Pro Mode on S8+

(Topic created on: 09-28-2018 04:03 PM)
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Gallery
One of the least used yet a very powerful feature of Samsung flagship smartphones is the 'Pro Mode'. It's the least used because very few people understand it and knows how to properly use it, and it's very powerful because if it's done right the results are beyond imagination.
I've been playing with the Pro Mode on my S8 to better understand how it affects the outcome of different pictures in different situations. Though I'm still learning, I want to share two images that gives us a rough idea about the difference.
The first image is taken in default AUTO mode that we always use, the second image is taken in PRO mode.

It's insane to see the difference.Though there are faults with the image in Pro mode such as overexposed light, it could've been avoided with Tripod and a little less shutter speed. Still, I wanted to make the point that the use of Pro Mode is seldom discussed yet probably it makes the most difference in photography.
0ad72534-3d9b-48a0-9212-39905848ccc5.jpg

85225d9e-e442-4cbc-9a60-22e54c8a40ea.jpg

7 Comments
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
I've started using it on my recently purchased Note 9. it's absolutely incredible. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to do it and it's a great, fun learning experience.
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
^ @Samesung very true. though it's quite hard to get the absolute perfect settings, if done right the result is astonishing! beats any camera in the market.
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
I'm going to be making a camera mount for my N9 and try it with my telescope 🤞🤞
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
Do share your results with us! It'll be awesome.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
yep indeed...that's how I got this image done. the moon barely gave off enough light to see where I was walking. but with a 10 second shutter and boosted iso, I saw everything3ace09bd-c7d5-435f-831c-f2cbbf18d927.jpg
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
@carr0498 well done! 👍
0 Likes
Nidhi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
great
0 Likes