Original topic:

Galaxy j3 Prime. is it getting android 9 pie

(Topic created on: 08-25-2019 07:31 AM)
brotzela09zz123
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
My phone is the Samsung Galaxy J-3 Prime, and I liked it, but it has issues. What I mean by that is that it restarts when using apps, and it isn't the smoothest of ice out there. I've heard some information that the j3 prime is going to get a further update, but is it true? If you know anything about this please be sure to post a comment and tell me about it.
0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy J
To do if your device is El to receive One UI - Check the Notice here on Samsung Members - I'm not familiar with the specs of your device - But it's possible that if you are running it to the "limit" you may expect Reboots or other issues - One UI may or may not add this kind of system issue 🐧
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
The specs aren't the problem. Th J3 2018 has an E7570 with quad A53 with 1.4GHz. The Prime in Canada is either also a E7570 or a Snapdragon 425, which is also quad A53s at 1.4GHz.

And the J3 2018 is getting Pie
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
The next update for the J3 Prime is already rolling out in USA. It's the January security update, with a few bug fixes

You won't get Pie unfortunately,
0 Likes
AN0NYM0US
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J

I'm pretty sure that Samsung has rolled out OneUI Home and Pie on the J3 Prime, because I got the update on my J3 a month ago. I don't have root access to flash the system image, so I know that it wasn't something I had done.

0 Likes
Galaxy J
when is the update coming out in Canada?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
The J3 2018 is not the same as the J3 Prime. The J3 Prime won't get Pie and it never has
0 Likes
frenchie207
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy J
I have the same issue-when are we getting the updates for Samsung Galaxy J-3 Prime-ibe my phone for over 6 years. Please, we need updates for our Samsung phones asap.
0 Likes