Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Important Security Updates📱

(Topic created on: 06-14-2020 02:37 PM)
KentTumanda
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy J
Hello! I just wanna ask for a little bit. My mom's phone has having software update on his phone but last month I noticed there is a bagde icon to update her phone but she was terrified when the personal data has deleted. The update also contains important security updates and bug fixes & 531.1MB size and already downloaded yesterday, last night our wi-fi has been turned off because i was late at 11pm because my sister has doesn't want to sleep. Does smartphone when you update your phone doesn't affect personal data? My mom doesn't want to update his phone i've saying to her it may take few minutes to complete the update. Hope you like this post😊
2 Comments
Solution
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
All user data is preserved after upgrade. However, I recommend you backup the data before upgrade.
Solution
AshBill
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
If you upgrade via wifi (F.O.T.A.) or via the Samsung Switch app, you should not worry about data loss. Though, you may still want to backup your data just in case. It is only when you flash your phone using Odin or any 3rd party flash tool that you can potentially wipe your data. Other than that, it should be relatively safe to update via "Software Update" under Settings from your phone or via Samsung Switch app from your computer. I hope this answers your question and tell your mom that it should be fine. Thank you
0 Likes