Original topic:

Samsung j3 prime rebooting itself

(Topic created on: 01-14-2019 04:47 PM)
Lorna
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J
Does anyone else Samsung j3 prime turn off and back on by its self? I recently wiped my phone clean and since I have now I find when I go into certain apps it will got to a black screen as if it's turned off and reboots itself  and go though all the steps it would for starting up. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy J
Do you mean that you Factory Reset your device from Recovery & you are now experiencing the issue?
If you restored all your previous user downloaded apps - That would be the most likely source of the problem.
Can you list the apps that you try to open which then causes the black screen issue?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy J
Hey @Lorna,

If it only crashes when using certain apps, I suspect it may have something to do with that. Restarting your J3 in Safe Mode should reveal if the rebooting is caused by any third-party apps. To do this:

1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the screen with the device name.
3. When ‘SAMSUNG’ appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see ‘Safe Mode’.

Try using your phone in Safe Mode for a day, and if it doesn't reboot then we know what the problem is. If it persists, we can troubleshoot further.

Hope this helps!
Sabrina
0 Likes
Galaxy J
my phone does that 2!
0 Likes
jacques1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
mine does the same on the 5 games only i suspect since last update
0 Likes
jacques1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
i've tried safe mode, it doesn't do it surely all the 5 games are disable Samsung should look in last update for Samsung Galaxy J3
0 Likes
MichaelPeter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
I have been having this problem also. I downloaded a game that was too flashy for me, and I uninstalled it. since then any game I play, offline or online, my j3 prime will reboot at some point. It only happens when playing games.
0 Likes
MichaelPeter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
how many of you are from Canada. I just thought that we have the "W" version.
0 Likes
MichaelPeter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
Samsung rep. "Next release date for Canada is in June." I felt like putting this electronic equipment up ..... So for all Canadians, your slice of 3.1415 (pie) will have to wait until summer.
0 Likes