Original topic:

When cheap phones can do one thing better than flagships

(Topic created on: 03-19-2019 10:11 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy J
The only device that can run Google's Android Q beta/Dev preview is the J3 2018. Funny right? It's the only device released in Canada with Android Oreo, thus with Treble support, required for GSIs, AND has an unlocked bootloader at the same time.

Things will likely change when the next installment of the A series hits Canada. Whether it's the A80 or the pop-up Galaxy A90 that comes. We always have the "main" one, that gets the monthly patches. All the others are on quarterly support.
8 Comments
Galaxy J
that's cool and all, but I'm sitting here with the j3 prime and it did get BSA2 but it still keeps restarting. can u tell me when the next update will come out?
0 Likes
StGeorge688
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
I have a J3 Prime 2018 that came with Nougat. worked great until it updated to OREOZzzz it keeps sleeping (restarting). last time I was researching the next upgrade for Canada J3 is NOT going to be Pie. One is not on any list. I am now using my S3 mini as my reliable smartphone, and my J3 Prime as my dumbo phone. I only have two apps that did not come from the android family (Google, Microsoft, Samsung), and have been able to keep the crashes down to 2-3 a day. As soon as I have time will in the city, I am taking this phone back and show them what is going on. My friend's J3 Prime does not have the the problem yet I purchased them together. she still has problems, as any android has. If you have a J3 Prime 2018 that is crashing all the time, use another device to record it crashing, does not have to be a sharp image, just so that the frequency is shown.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
J3 Prime 2018 doesn't exist. It's either J3 Prime J327W or J3 2018 J337W.

What are you doing on your phone? What are the two apps you speak of?
0 Likes
StGeorge688
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
J3 Prime J327W yes not the 2018.
0 Likes
StGeorge688
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
just a few games. disabled now and need something to occupy my time
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
What games are they? The J3 Prime isn't gaming material. A game too heavy can cause such spontaneous reboot.
0 Likes
StGeorge688
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
sudoku, is one of the games. and 'machine and armory' has no graphics in it (except for what it requires to display alphanumeric)
0 Likes
StGeorge688
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
I have a S3 Mini that is running android version 4.4, the J3 Prime is version 8.1 Factory reset and I have Sudoku and Eternium installed on each. J3 restarts all the time, S3 only during some ads that the game crashes, not the phone.
0 Likes