Original topic:

latest update

(Topic created on: 11-17-2018 03:51 AM)
Ima
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy J
Hello, I've just updated my S J3 prime "1October update" and i don't like it, can i go back to my previous update?
0 Likes
8 Comments
JDC
Active Level 4
Galaxy J
no
0 Likes
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
unfortunately no
0 Likes
Galaxy J
I'm really not sure why you would want to - It's counterintuitive! If you desperately want to go back to the previous build (and forgo important security patches!) You MIGHT be able to Flash the previous version with Odin 3.13.1 - You'd have to Download the Stock Unrooted Samsung Firmware from sammobile.com (probably ~ 3+Gig) and it would also depend on if the current Bootloader will allow you to Flash a previous version - I'd STRONGLY recommend that you learn to appreciate the latest build! 🐧
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
The fact is that the latest update also brought Android Oreo to your phone.

The bootloader fuse is 2. The June patch is also fuse 2. So yes, you CAN revert back.
Ima
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy J
CHMultimedia thanks for your reply. Can you tell me please how can i revert back, or is it better for me to wate for the next update, may be it'll be better than this last one.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
Go on Sammobile.com and enter your model number SM-J327W. Download the last Android 7.0 version ending with ARF1. Get the latest Odin version. Boot your phone into Download Mode and plug it to your computer. Open Odin in your computer. Add the BL, AP CP and HOME_CSC files in their respective slots and hit Start. Wait and enjoy. BACKUP BEFORE PROCEEDING
Ima
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy J
CHMultimedia thank you so much for your help.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy J
Hey @Ima, there is no supported way to revert an update.
-Jenna
0 Likes