cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

my phone is rooted and i can't update it. can somebody help me through this?

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 05:21 AM)
champipoy
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy J
I need.help.on my Galaxy J2 2015....
6 Comments
KentTumanda
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
Many phones you been rooted but you update it is to contact the Samsung Customer Support to get rid of your phone has been rooted or reset it to factory settings, Which can erase your content and settings.
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Lol when you root your phone Samsung now has no obligation to listen to your concerns.
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Rooting your phone removes the ability to update it through OTA. It also voids your warranty lol.
0 Likes
zProSandr
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Samsung phones have a KNOX feature integrated, and it works like an e-fuse that flagged (0x1 from 0x0) if the bootloader has been altered and/or the firmware has been modified resulting to root privileges. This is somewhat irreversible, and this gives clue to Samsung that there has been internal software modifications made to the device which leads then to void your warranty.
zProSandr
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Additional information, if your phone is rooted, the firmware status would be 'Custom', and if it is the original firmware, this would be 'Official'. In a perspective, if you have a custom firmware, you cannot update to an official firmware, other than flashing it manually with an official one, so you can use OTA in the future, and this of course will remove your root privileges.
Bellaswan17
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
can you teach me how to root my phone?
0 Likes