Original topic:

wifi turned off and my data for the month was used up in days.

(Topic created on: 08-14-2019 06:53 PM)
postalstephen
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J
Seems like Samsung may be throwing companies like Bell a little  bonus by turning off wifi and using up  people's  data and costing them over usage charges. This happened to me with the latest update. Also my bluetooth  device no long connects to my phone. Samsung is really screwing things up lately !
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy J
WHAT are you talking about??? 🙄
Samsung is doing NO such thing!

I've got ZERO issues with any of my Samsung devices...

Try figuring out what is happening & how to fix it...

You need to post more information about your situation - If you want any help... 🐧

Guess you just didn't notice that you didn't have a WiFi connection.... Blaming Samsung for this is absolutely ridiculous!
Ceno
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
You sound like a Samsung employee. Everything you say is sounds like you get free phones and service.
0 Likes
Galaxy J
yup same here, i have no problem with my samsung devices, my wifi, my data, my bluetooth are all fine.. maybe you just did something wrong with your device that you didn't know of.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy J
Certainly makes ya wonder....
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy J
the toggle probably just got accidentally turned off or maybe you have a setting for a weak wifi signal that it will turn off Wi-Fi to save battery power.
0 Likes
Ceno
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
My Samsung hasn't worked right for the last week or so. I agree that Samsung is costing me extra money as well. I've used 3 Gigs of data in 3 days. that's 1/3 of my months allotment. Maybe its retaliation for Canada Arresting the Chinese Spy for the USA.
0 Likes
Galaxy J
Seriously.... are you high?
I've got multiple Samsung devices with zero issues & if you think that there's some kind of conspiracy.... better get the Tinfoil out - GAWD - LMFAO 🙄😂
And - BTW - Samsung is a South Korean company & Huawei is Chinese 🤣
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy J
oy, you're daft... Samsung is Korean... second, any updates are pushed by the telecoms.... they're able to modify bits of code before it gets pushed to end users. if you have issues, it's not necessarily Samsung's fault... could be an OS issue or a carrier messed with it also.

bearing that in mind, it's usually a good idea to clear your system cache after an update... it'll help solve little issues that happen after an update. the telecoms remove the data toggle from the notification panel so that if you're not connected to wifi you go over your limit. my suggestion is you search the forum on how to restore your mobile data toggle, and learn to not blame others for your lack of knowledge in a particular subject
0 Likes
Dolfinns
Active Level 6
Galaxy J
I find this to be useful as well ...at least I think it works as I have never had any issues with WiFi
0 Likes