Original topic:

Am I nuts?

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 03:46 PM)
300kc
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
I have a galaxy note 9 that I truly love.  I would go as far as to say it is my favorite material possession. Never the less I am thinking about getting an iPhone.  Truth be told, I hate iOS as I don't find it to be very intuitive, I'm thinking about switching because my kids have iPhones and my car won't read my phone when it is plugged in as it is mac based. Am i nuts?
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
Not really. My kids and my parents they all using iPhones. Me and my wife are using Samsung. But we can communicate by using different apps, like sms, facebook messenger, whatsapp...etc. We shared calendar by using Google Calendar.😎

Your only issue is because your car system is mac base. Well, switching or not is up to you😑 If you think you can't see your phone while driving, then switch. I don't care my phone when driving. I just use bluetooth ear piece to take calls only. So if my car is mac base or not, won't border me. 😜

So, it is depends on what you feel and what you like.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Android auto don't work on your radio ?

300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Android auto doesn't work. I can connect to bluetooth though. Actually now that I think about does anyone have a work around. Apparently the same message I get in my car is the same message that shows up when you try to connect an android to a mac PC.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Do you have the Android Auto app installed on your phone? Are you certain your car supports Android Auto and not just Apple CarPlay or MirrorLink?
0 Likes
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I have a Toyota Corolla last years model without android auto or CarPlay but I can connect through bluetooth to play media. Toyota only started supporting apple car play this year and they still don't support android auto from what I know
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
both of my vehicles have Android auto but actually in reality I don't even use Android auto and I turned it off.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Well that certainly explains it. Ask your manufacturer how to properly connect your phone to the car then because the support is Members can give you on the matter is limited and your car manufacturer would be the one with the answers you seek
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
hmmmm I would say look at your situation and ask your self what is really important to you and What will best suit your needs. for me personally the only thing that would/does Attract my attention about iPhone is the O.S updates and support and Imessage that's about it. With that out of the equation, I would pick Samsung all day long Because I feel Samsung is the best Bang for your buck.
Galaxy Note
I am about the same. The OS update in iOS is frequent. Other than that, I will choose Samsung.
I don't know about car system, like Apple Carplay or Android Auto, none of them in both of my cars. 😑
0 Likes