Original topic:

Android 10 Lag on Note10+

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 03:55 PM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Has anyone else seen noticeable Lag after updating to Android 10 in the galaxy s10 or Note10+.

Using the samsung launcher, there is lag when scrolling through the app drawer and multitasking.

I have tried, 
cleaning my dalvik cache
Removing my SD card
Updating all apps for android 10
And performing the built in device care optimization 

I think a performance update is needed to take care of this.

The multitasking lag becomes worse during the day until phone is restarted. 

Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
https://s.amsu.ng/bsp8E6r4aB6N

above is what I have recorded. I should mention that in safe mode there is no lag.
0 Likes
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Feel smoother on my phone. No lag at all, my be try a smartswich backup on an SD csrd, restore to factory default and reinstall your backup
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I was just about to post this exact same observation. You are not the odd one out. There is noticeable lag, and there is no way to get rid of it. I even did a factory reset, then set up the device with no additional apps and there is still lag. It is not constant though. I find it comes and goes. The update that was pushed to the S10 series in December also suffered from lag, but it wasn't this bad. I believe Samsung released a One UI launcher update to address the issue.

For anyone claiming that there is no lag, be clear if you're running Exynos or Snapdragon because that might be important. Mine is Snapdragon. Also, I've been in this boat before with many claiming that they have no lag but they really don't know what to look for or don't have another device as reference. I just got rid of my S10+ and after the initial issues were addressed following Android 10 update, my S10+ definitely performed better than the Note 10+ does at the moment. I don't even want to mention how it compares to my Pixel 4 XL or iPhone 11 Pro, because that just wouldn't be fair (to the Note 10+).
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I currently have no lag on Note 10+. But I'm not using stock launcher. Been a Nova user for years.

Unless the user imported their phone, we're all using Snapdragon.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I recorded the lag as well, but don't know how to post it here.
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I have a snapdragon version. the fingerprint is miles better. but the lag only occurs after I push thr multitasking button and scroll through the open apps. there is jitter
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
ziom
i also notice a lag for the first time tonight when i click to send my text in Samsung Members ...it took about 2-5 seconds before it send the message...maybe because i force dark mode for the application?
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
after further research, I discovered that the lag in the multitasking pane goes away I hit close all. after opening around 10 apps, I can scroll through the apps without lag or jitters. however ,after a few more apps are opened, the lag returns and becomes worse as the number of apps increases in the multitask. its not related to a single app, but rather the quantity of apps displaying in the multitask (# of apps I have opened).

0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I factory reset my phone, and the lag is still there. honestly, I love the phone, but this is unacceptable.

I use the recent app/multitask so much that I hate how it jarrs or stutters when switching between apps.
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.

0 Likes