Original topic:

Android 10 for Note 8

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 11:57 AM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
To whom it may concern,

I have found it extremely frustrating to learn that unlike, Apple, which supports their phones with 5 years of updates, Samsung barely provides 2 updates to their flagship devices.

It's frustrating because for a company that prides itself on listening to the customer and customer experience, providing only 2 years of updates is a slap in the face. Especially, considering the cost of your flagship devices.

I am disappointed because I truly love my note 8 and my wife the s8. But we have recently learned that these phones will not be getting Android 10.

Now, i do not expect updates indefinitely or 5 years like Apple, but I think it is reasonable to expect at least 3 years of updates for major versions of Android for your flagship devices?

I hope this message finds you well, and that you can enact change on the organization to embrace it.

Imagine if you announced 3 years of updates during your phone announcements. It would receive a standing ovation.

Signed,

The millions if not billions of Samsung users world wide.

Thank you

3 Comments
Galaxy Note
same, I'm gonna feel like this for next year when s9 doesn't get android 11. I spent about 1000 for s9, and it doesnt even get android 11. its fully capable...
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I agree. Samsung tried to be Apple in some ways and wants (and does) compete with them but 2 years of updates compared to Apples 5 years is ridiculous. At least make it 3 years but even 4 would go a long way to making customers happy. I keep my old devices as backups or for other uses and would be nice. That and I don't see a point spending so much every year or 2 and I do keep devices for 3 years as a rule.
Galaxy Note
right, samsung galaxy phones are fully capable for at least 3 years. I hope samsung shines with allowing at least s9 and note 9 to run android 11. that would really make history. Snapdragon 845 is a very top of the line processor btw