Original topic:

Android 10 issues (Note 10+)

(Topic created on: 05-27-2020 01:31 PM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
I'm seeing a few issues here on my Note 10+ since upgrading to Android 10 on Jan. 06 and wondering if it's just me.

I did the upgrade then with all major os updates I factory reset the phone (did a wipe from the recovery menu screen then flashed the firmware in Odin out of habit from the days I used to flash ROMs I guess, just a bit OCD so I still do that for all new major os updates).

Anyway, 3 issues to report so far:

1) maybe more a Google issue and I'll report it to them too but want to say it here as well but smart lock trusted devices doesn't work at all. My phone is connected to my Galaxy Watch but will still require my password or fingerprint to unlock. When in my car it's now connected to 2 devices (car and watch) and still requires my password. What's the point of this feature if it's now completely useless? I know trusted places was always unreliable but now trusted devices is too?

2) in language and input, the text to speech has Samsung TTS and google for options. I went to google to set it up but figured I'll try Samsung TTS instead for a change and now I can't go back to Samsung TTS. It let's me pick it but when I back out of that screen it's back to googles TTS. I tried changing system language and playing with options and nothing fixes this so once you switch from Samsung TTS I can't get it back.

3) this was an option that disappeared with Android 9 for some stupid reason but I used it on my Note 8 and lost it with Android 8 and was hoping it would be back with the Note 10 or at least Android 10 but it's not. The feature is the handwriting recognition or whatever it was called when the s-pen hovered over a text entry field a small bubble with a "T" in the middle would appear and pressing it with the a-pen would open a-pen input field which was great as it allowed me to use SwiftKey and still use my s-pen to write text messages and so on since I hate Samsung's keyboard but this feature disappear with android 9 and still hasn't returned. Samsung, why removed features from the s-pen making it slightly less useful when the s-pen is the whole reason people buy the Note series phones? Please add this feature back because I haven't seen it since my Note 8 got the Android 9 update last year. 
11 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Good to hear that one's resolved. Now all that's left is the (not so) smart lock with trusted devices. I know it's always been hit and miss with location.
0 Likes
GrannyGlammaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I also noticed very handy (and much loved by me) perks specific to Notes, that are no longer available. I'm blank right now, if course, but it seems like it had something to do with the S-pen and/or camera
0 Likes