Original topic:

Android 10 will the NOTE 8 get it?

(Topic created on: 11-02-2019 10:45 PM)
Nickoy1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I think the note 8 as well as all of Samsung's infinity designed phones like s8 should receive Android 10. 

Reason being the design of the phones warrants getting the proper gesture navigation. 

If Samsung does push it out to these phones, man! I'd be happy.
12 Comments
Galaxy Note
Yeah - Not going to happen unfortunately - Samsung devices are more than capable of running more than 2 Android versions after release!
I've got an ancient Note 3 running Android 10 - Samsung's decision to only provide 2 Android version updates is based purely on marketing - They WANT you to buy new devices - It's got nothing to do with the Hardware! 🐧
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Shatty but true 🤦‍♂️💩
Nickoy1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yeah you are right, it's quite unfortunate.
Late software updates and getting only two is the one reason I always start looking at other manufacturers.

like iPhone users talking about iMessage keeping them on iPhones.... Samsung pay is the equivalence.

I am tired of Samsung not being able to fix their software release problem, they are a big company with alot of capital.

These days competing with the likes of Apple you should be providing minimum 3years updates and be able to release them minimum two months after stock android.
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
only way is to sideload/SD load
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
He's not going to be able to Root his device - So he won't be able to Flash Android 10 with Odin / TWRP (Patched Odin would likely SOFT brick) - Or from the sd unless there's a compatible leak somewhere... 🐧
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
doesn't king root still work on certain models?
0 Likes
Nickoy1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Definitely not gonna do any of those Shaddy stuff. it's 2019 heading into 2020 no one should have to do that.
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
no we shouldn't yet these companies don't want our devices being open EVEN though we are paying thousands of dollars each year on them lol 🙈🙉
Galaxy Note
I wouldn't use King "root" for all the tea in China... as they say - Even if it did work - You may as well advertise that all your personal information is available to anyone 🐧