Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Automatic Brightness Not Working

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 11:36 PM)
JayRBoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
My 2 year old Huawei Phone automatically does this in real time. If it detects change in lighting, it will automatically adjust brightness in my phone so I can see the screen better.

In my Note 10, I have to lock and unlock the phone to trigger the automatic brightness. Note: Adaptive brightness is enabled in my phone.

This is really disappointing for a recent phone when compared to my 2 year old Huawei Phone. 
5 Comments
JBNC
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Can I ask what are you trying to see when your phone is lock that needs brightness?
0 Likes
JayRBoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
One example: I'm using my phone and someone turns off the light in my room making everything pitch black.

In my 2 year old Huawei Phone, it will detect the change in lighting and automatically adjust the brightness down. I can see my screen better even when the light is out.

In my Note 10, the screen remain bright. If I lock it and unlock it again, that is the only time it will detect the change in lighting and adjust the brightness down.
0 Likes
JayRBoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Same scenario, when I go from dim room to bright room or outside when sun is up. Brightness remains constant for Note 10 making screen unreadable unless i lock and unlock it.

For my 2 year old Huawei, it will automatically adjust brightness up right away.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
SAME PROBLEM HERE ON SAMSUNG A02 I DOES WORK IF YOU LOCK& UNLOCK YOUR PHONE , HOW DO YOU FIX THIS?
0 Likes
JBNC
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Mine is working well without unlocking it. It automatically adapts the given light. You might want to check your sensors.