Original topic:

Bixby Routines

(Topic created on: 01-17-2020 03:14 PM)
AKC
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
On Note 10+ here

So I've just started with Bixby routines and I'm enjoying it. The default driving routine is great and even has my YouTube music subscription enabled as the "play music" option by default when I get in the car. This is great. 

So I went to create another routine where I automatically wanted music and the only options are GPM, Spotify, NBC News and NY Times. I tried selecting "open app" instead but it won't allow YouTube music to show up here either. 

Why did Bixby by default use YouTube Music for my driving routine but will not let me manually select it for a created routine? 

Any way around this?
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
That's weird, I don't use YouTube Music but I downloaded it just to test making a Bixby Routine and I was able to make 3 different with the play music option and in all 3 I was able to select YouTube Music.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling YouTube Music.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Wow... this is very weird. I downloaded YT Music as well to see and I'm having the exact same issue as AKC. Play music routine refuses to see YT Music on my Note 10+.

Tried some troubleshooting steps with no success whatsoever:

Uninstal/reinstall
clear app cache for Bixby Routines
clear app cache for YT music
reboot device
power off/on
wipe cache partition

This is one very stubborn routine. It totally refuses to see YT Music.

However, the open app routine does see YT Music. I honestly don't know what's causing this oddity. I'm scratching my head on this one.
AKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes, I did try the uninstall/reinstall!

As well as rebooting etc.

Interesting that it works for you Cprice! What device are you on? Maybe it's region or device locked?

It's annoying but also somewhat encouraging to me that I am not the only one with this issue Vic20.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@AKC, I'm using a Note 10+, I'm located in Toronto, Ontario
AKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Interesting! I'm Edmonton, Alberta. So it's not a country lock.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Most likely an odd bug/glitch in Bixby Routines.

It's not region either as I'm also in Toronto, ON.
Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@CPrice you got a lot of luck buddy! 😁

@AKC I got this response directly from Samsung feedback and thought I would share it here. With that said, only workaround now would be to use Google Play Music. I know when I subscribed to Google Play music, I also had subscription to YouTube Premium Music. So I can imagine this works the other way around.
AKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hey thanks for that! I appreciate you posting your reply here!

I used to use GPM but when I upgraded to YouTube premium and got YouTube Music as well I deleted all my playlists and recreated them in YouTube Music LOL Just nuked GPM because Google is discontinuing it at some point lol

I accepted your response as the solution!
0 Likes