Original topic:

Bixby going crazy

(Topic created on: 08-14-2019 09:58 PM)
Anpu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Is it just me or does bixby wake up out of nowhere. I've been watching a YouTube video and bixby has been woken up 3 times. I haven't spoken a word, and the video doesn't mention bixby at all, doesn't say hi either. Phone has been unusable since. 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
At least mine doesn't. But my Google assistant does woke up couple times in 1 day recently when someone chatting.
0 Likes
ybur05
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
mine doesn't, but yeah my Google assistant does
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes it does that from time to time, it thinks its hearing someone saying "bixby". it's something I think you can adjust the sensitivity level, but anything less that default would be pointless, because you already almost have to yell at your phone as it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Samsung may get around to fixing it in 2 years maybe by the way things are going.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Bixby can't be crazy bc it's like the scarecrow from the wizard of Oz, it has no brain 🤦‍♂️🙃🙈
Wish I could press the Bixby button when it ferks up and it would say
"if I only had a brain" lmao
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
If Bixby is annoying you - You have some options - You can disable it entirely - or just "Voice Wakeup" - with adb or use an app that can - ie: bxActions - Ice Box etc - You can also Remap the Bixby button for other purposes 🐧
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I want it as a flashlight I'm tired of playing with that dumb butler button ugh 🤦‍♂️
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Don't want to hijack the thread but is this what I need Shaggy? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.bxactions
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@mytech - Exactly & You can enable the Full Button Remap with your computer - If you have USB Debugging enabled - Connect your computer to your phone - On your computer - Navigate to the Internal Storage of the phone - Scroll down to bxActions & Run the bat file - You'll see 3 options - I think that the Top one is Full Remap & you should then see something like "congratulations" - Note: Unlike the Mobile Data Toggle - You do NOT have to repeat this after any OTA - ONLY - If you Factory Reset your device 🐧
p.s. I don't really feel that you are "hijacking" this Thread as this has to do with Bixby button... fwiw 🕊
elcichn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Same here! I have a Galaxy S10 and sometimes Bixby will just start randomly popping up and saying "Sorry I couldn't connect to the internet right now"
0 Likes