Original topic:

Bixby "oh i didn't quite catch that"

(Topic created on: 03-25-2018 05:19 AM)
winnythe
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
The above message is displayed seconds after I press the bixby button, doesn't give me time to speak at all. Otherwise bixby works fine when woken up using bixby voice. This issue has persisted over several months now, and I have cleared my cached data as per instructions on some forum, to no result.
0 Likes
5 Comments
idfwyxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@winnythe

Hey ! Make sure to check all of your Bixby apps within app manager. There you will see if you have disabled some Bixby fonctions. Since each type of command on Bixby fonctions with a different software this might be the issue.

ie. : Bixby voice command is enabled but other command is disabled.

Hope this helps , get back to me and let me know !! :)
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Just want to confirm first, you mentioned simply pressing the Bixby button, are you holding it the whole time? cause in order for the button feature to work, you have to press and hold until you're done your request.
0 Likes
winnythe
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yep that was it lol, thank you for your help!
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Haha no problem! had the same issue when I first started using it
0 Likes
Matt001
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I'm having the same issue.

Also, when I say "Hi Bixby" the icon appears in the notification tray but the Bixby window thing doesn't pop up anymore on the bottom of the screen. Unless I say hi Bixby like 3 times in a row right after that icon pops up (Voice wakeup is running icon). I haven't changed any Bixby settings and left them all what they were with Nougat.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I find it really annoying cause my case makes the Bixby button hard to keep pressed in. 😓
0 Likes