Original topic:

Blind Test Results!

(Topic created on: 08-25-2020 04:51 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Thank you all for participating. Here are the results!

The most preferred pictures were the pics A and D, as shown below.

A

D

Those two pictures were both taken by the same device. Which one is it? Well, the Note10+!

The results show what I had suspected all along. Nonacell affects negatively the image quality.
Now, a few users rightfully pointed out that these shots weren't taken at the same time. It's true, as I didn't have both devices at the same time. But the N20U's flaws can't be attributed to that alone. It was still in morning daylight, yet the details, white balance and saturation are very significantly different.

I will note that the Note10+ presents higher chromatic aberration in ultra wide mode, as you can see in the top left corner. This doesn't appear on the Note20U picture.

Anyway, thanks again for participating!
7 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

CHMultimedia

You're right we can see it better when we enlarge the picture

Screenshot_20200825-200545_Gallery.jpg

Galaxy Note

Interesting... I suspected the Note10P would've won, the thing is, with new hardware on the camera system of Samsung phones, the software is usually not up to speed with the hardware, but it continues to get better. The Note10P had over a year's worth of updates, so it's pretty nice seeing last year's device still being up to speed with this year's flagship.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Interesting!
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I think you owe me a Timmy's :). I'm honestly still glad I didn't get the note 20
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Why? We didn't wager on anything
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
just a joke my dear friend.
0 Likes
Delmar1122
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I think it comes down to the regular masses preferring brighter and more in focus photos result.

Like he said in the video, the technical people know that a softer background and more true to life colours are a sign of a better photo. But it's like TVs in retail stores, regular people prefer things that pop and look more clear.

I was really surprised the iPhone 11 Pro got knocked out in the first round. Seems like a bug in the photo processing on Apples end since it keeps shifting blue.

0 Likes