Original topic:

Blocking Calls by Country Code

(Topic created on: 11-18-2019 10:23 AM)
Simmon
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Is there a way to block calls by country code? There's been a surge in spam calls and the ones I get originate from only a few countries. Currently I use Hiya to do it, but I pay for the service and would prefer a native solution. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy Note
That is pretty much impossible as there are so many country codes. The most easiest way to block calls is after the call, hang up, tap the block call icon (black circle with a slash) and you should get a pop up that says "you will no longer receive calls from this number". You will save lots of money by following the steps on blocking calls
0 Likes
perfectg
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
it's what I do, have about 20 numbers done that to
0 Likes
Simmon
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Everytime they call, they use a different number. I understand that there are many country codes, but if Samsung already has Hiya incorporated into their Phone app for spam protection, why don't they have call blocking by country code? Other apps are able to do it.

As for blocking every spam number, as soon as you pick up your number gets flagged as active and you get more calls.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi Simmon,

I think you can. Open your phone app, click Settings, click Blocked Numbers.
Input area code or country code prefix in the add phone number, then click the + sign. For instance, if you don't want to receive phone calls from Ontario, you can add 416 only to the block list. I think this will work. Worth to try.
Simmon
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hey Tallman,

I'll try that solution out. It's disappointing they don't have a dropdown list of country codes I can choose from to instantly block it, but this'll suffice. I'll update the post with how it goes.
0 Likes