Original topic:

Can't connect to my TV at all after upgrading to Android Pie

(Topic created on: 04-15-2019 08:36 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
After upgrading to Android Pie, it is now impossible for me to cast to my TV, watch web videos with the Samsung video player, or even save videos. I also got several other problems (including lag) after upgrading to Pie OS. I tried contacting Samsung, but they essentially refused to help, and the live chat also bugged out, meaning even after waiting for a long period of time, I was connected then disconnected, forced to wait for another long period of time.

EDIT: I tried restarting the Sony Android TV, tried clearing the cache on Google Play Services, restarting my phone, clearing the cache partition on my phone, and updating the TV's Operating System to the latest version. Still have the same "casting screen to [tv] has ended" issue. Maybe it's to do with Sony's firmware.
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
how did you connect your phone to your TV prior to the update?
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Could you please list the device you used. Also are you using the smart things app on your phone? Is there anything diffrent you did on your phone when connecting to you TV vs now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
My phone is a Samsung Note 8. Prior, I would use Smart View to cast to my Android TV and it would work perfectly. After the update, it keeps abruptly terminating the connection.
0 Likes
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Did you try restarting your phone? If yes I would like you to restart your phone and when it is about to turn on hold down the bixby and volume up key. When you get to the recovery using the volume keys navigate down to wipe cache partition (use power key to enter) and confirm it. After that using the volume keys go to reboot system.
Galaxy Note
first thing I would suggest is forget the WiFi networks and reconnect, second if there is an option to "forget tv" and then same thing try to reconnect the tv back to SmartView. you can also try to uninstall and reinstall Samsung SmartView
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I had the same problem on my s9 plus when conecting to my projector at my office. I wiped cache particion and it was fine. I tried reseting network but it didn't work. So I'm using that precedent on this specific case.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
I tried clearing the cache partition, and forgetting the Wifi network, but it still doesn't work
0 Likes
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hmmm..... Is your home tv connection fine that maybe also be a problem. Could you try connecting your tv with anothet device
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
After the update I have to restart tv for mine to work, but then it does 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes