Original topic:

Can't hang up a call

(Topic created on: 10-24-2019 04:14 PM)
RedEyeRon
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My wife bought an iPhone 11 Pro a couple of nights ago. This afternoon I asked her to call me from her phone. We were sat next to each other at the time.

She calls and my phone starts to ring. After a few rings, I say 'OK, you can hang up now'. She's staring at her phone and I can still hear my phone ringing.

Turns out that she couldn't find a way to hang up the phone. She had to reset her phone, which I thought was hilarious. I jokingly said that she should take it back for a refund. 

She then asks me to call here. Which I dd. Turns out that I had exactly the same problem. I called her. Heard the ringing. But couldn't hang up. She dismissed my call but my phone continued to ring. There was no button to stop the call. 

Anyone experience anything like this before? 

We're both on Freedom network. I've got the Note 10+ and she has the iPhone 11 Pro 
11 Comments
Galaxy Note
Interesting, never seen this before. Here is what I think. It happens on both different os and brand devices, I won't say this is phone issues. Perhaps is Freedom network issues?

Let see if others have better solutions or suggestions.
0 Likes
RedEyeRon
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too.

It's funny as I called Freedom about this. They've suggested I take both phones to the nearest service centre.

There's no chance I'm giving our phones to these guys! They're only a few weeks/days old!
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I think this means your wife is not compatible with you. Try exchanging wife or swap with a friend to test.
RedEyeRon
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
That goes without saying 🤣
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

@Fatwa i was going to say samething 😛

0 Likes
perfectg
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I was drinki g water while reading now my Samsung phone is covered in water lol
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I don't have this problem with my Note 10+. And I receive from and make calls to different brands, carriers, etc. I would also have to think it's probably the carrier. You have a friend, relative or coworker that is willing to help troubleshoot? Have one that uses a different carrier send/receive a call and see what happens?
RedEyeRon
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I wonder if it's something to do with being on the same WiFi. Calls were OK rest of the day when we were in different places

Will test!
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

I went into the dial pad settings and set my power button to hang-up.  Whenever I want to end a call, I hit the power button.  Though, i accdently hangup on people all the time now because I go to turn off my screen while on a call and .....  they're gone.

0 Likes