Original topic:

Cannot check for updates while on wifi- Note9

(Topic created on: 06-16-2019 06:56 AM)
XO-GHOST
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Whenever I check for software updates when my phone is on wifi, It shows chexking for updates for some time and in the end it just fails with the error message saying "Couldn't download, failed to connect to server" something along those lines.
But if I check for updates when I am using mobile data then it works just fine. 
Does anyone else face the same problem?
0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy Note
Yes - It's a known issue - Seems to be Bell & Freedom... maybe other Carriers as well - It's NOT an issue with Rogers - At least not for me 🐧
XO-GHOST
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am on freedom so I guess it would make sense. Carrier/Samsung should fix it if this is the case.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
In the meantime - You can initiate the process to download the OTA update using your Cellular Data & it's been reported that AFTER the Security Patch OTA has started - You can then switch to WiFi - or continue using Cellular Data to finish the Download 😉🐧
XO-GHOST
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
That's what I've been doing but it really is annoying.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
i can confirm what Shaggy said, not an issue with my Note 9 on Rogers.
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
For once a win for us Rogers customers.
Galaxy Note
@Samesung - Yeah & that's why we pay the big bucks lol
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have to say.. I've been a client of all 3 major carriers here and surprisingly the best deals and service i got was with Rogers, Telus being a close second ( sevice wise ).
Galaxy Note
@GG2 Well from what I've heard - Telus is consistently the highest rated by consumers.. 🐧
But I enjoy giving Rogers a hard time lol 😂