Original topic:

Could the Note series be coming to an end???

(Topic created on: 09-17-2019 05:53 AM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy Note

Will Samsung kill the Galaxy Note series next year?

The Galaxy Note lineup has lost a lot of its charm in the last couple of years with the Galaxy S series acquiring many of its characteristics. The S Pen is the only significant differentiator left between the two, leading many to question the need for a separate Note lineup going forward. The argument is that Samsung could just add an S Pen to its future Galaxy S models to cater to the Note users.

Continue reading

9 Comments
Galaxy Note
that even blass is also responsible for those leaks of the new galaxy lineups so it might be, and also a good marketing strategy for them, and maybe they will release the galaxy fold on a cheaper value..
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Can't see the Fold as a replacement for the Note - Especially if the idea is for Samsung to have a 2nd Flagship device release...
The Fold definitely falls into a niche market with limited numbers being sold..

That being said - Samsung has demonstrated that they don't have any issues with multiple versions of the same device - ie: 3 S10 variants & 2 Note10 variants...
Samsung is trying to be all things to all people - And depending buyer's thoughts - Samsung may or may not be succeeding... Killing the Note series makes zero sense if the idea is to replace it with the Flop - Sorry.. FOLD My 2 cents fwiw 🐧
Galaxy Note
Agree, Fold cannot replace Note yet. If the decision is for marketing, that is another story. Combine S and Note maybe a good idea since Note is base on S series and expand more features. But somehow I don't see a potential device can replace Note series yet. Just like the blog said, Samsung may have no flagship device next year if they combine S and Note series. Unless Galaxy One is the flagship and no more unpack for S series. 🤔
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
If they end the Note series then they will lose me and I'll take my business elsewhere.
Galaxy Note
I think as I understand it, the rumor is, they will take out Note Series, and put GALAXY One or whatever the name will be, and include the SPen on the device..
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
A Galaxy S11 with a pen accessory isn't a good idea. The integrated S-Pen is what sets the Note series apart. That and the square aesthetics. It's much more convenient to have it integrated that separated
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I agree with CHMultimedia... the Galaxy series is a media consumption device aimed and teens and soccermoms... like driving a minivan, the galaxy user informally states to the world.."i give up"..

the Note Series on the other hand is aimed at serious professionals, dictators, philosophers, and generally higher thinking people.

Mixing these two devices is tantamount to Brittany Spears laying down tracks with Johannes Brahms ... unspeakable...

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I wonder if they will be merging the S+ and Note lines together for the Galaxy One. So it'll be a more streamlined 'going back to basics'.

Maybe entry 'A' line, mid-entry 'S' line and then flagship 'One' line?

@Shaggyskunk1 I don't think the fold is meant to replace the Note. It talks more about the Fold being slotted in for the announcements/ launch in the period that would normally be reserved for the Note line. They are probably lumping the Note 'One' line in with the S line announcements/launch period. But then again, you're guess is as good as mine.
0 Likes
beehop911
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

No, if they combine both phones then i'm going somewhere else. Complete nonsense. Keep the note series.

0 Likes